Have you ever shopped online? If so, have you used a debit or credit card? Did you make sure that the site you were purchasing from was protected from online thieves?
Listen, a lot of people aren’t experts at online shopping. Neither am I, but the average online shopper needs to be aware of the dangers and mistakes that are out there. I LOVE online shopping, I do it all the time, but I have to make sure that I’m taking some precautions. You have to remember that, it is your money and information that you’re putting on the Internet. So here are a few tips for you online shoppers:
- Don’t forget about the price tag :Okay, so you see something really cute online. (Say it’s from Forever 21, H&M, Urban outfitters, Ulta, etc.) The first thing that I look at is the price, if it’s reasonable-or within my budget I click on that item.
- Get all the details- Now, what you need to do, is go through ALL of the pictures that they have for that item. (Or if they have a cool zoom in feature, I would use that to get a closer look!) Now, go to the description. This should tell you what this item is made of, and the measurements of the model that wearing it.
- Size, size, SIZE – This may be one of the most important steps! Allows choose the right size. Most online clothing stores have a sizing chart, so I STRONGLY encourage you to look at that to find your perfect fit! Cause the worst thing you could do is pay for an item and then once they deliver it, you can’t fit it! You should also read the reviews that other people have to say about it! *Hint: if your shopping in stores, YOU need to go into that dressing room and try on everything that you thinking about buying!
- Is it meant to be? – This is a very critical step. First, after you’ve done all the other steps and you’re feeling pretty good about this item. Then you need to have a heart to heart with yourself. What I mean by that is, YOU need to think to yourself: “Do I really need this?” or “Is it worth it?” IF you say YES, then you may proceed to the next step.
- Time to pay up :I don’t know if you know this, but it’s better to use a credit card than a debit card when buying online. This is because; credit cards represent an extension of credit, while debit cards draw directly from your account. Once your banking information is online, hackers can much more damage to your finances than with your credit card number. *Hint: If said online store is having a discount or sale of some kind, I would strongly recommend you use it on your purchase! *I also recommend, that you check out the clearance/sale section first before looking anywhere else.
- Tracking/cancelling orders: Usually whenever I buy stuff online, most online stores I’ve seen provide you with a ‘track order’ thing. Which means, you can track your order by typing in some or code or something then, viola you know exactly where you item is on said day! Now, cancelling orders on the other hand, I’ve never cancelled an order before. But, usually if you look at the very bottom of the website it should have something that say’s ‘help’, ‘FAQ’S’ and or ‘cancel order’.
I hope this was very helpful and makes you a better online shopper! If you have any other tips for online shopping, feel free to comment below!