Well, HELLO ladies! Today I am going to help you get an at-home manicure! So instead of going to the salon and pay money for some random person to paint your nails, why not do it yourself? This DIY manicure is so simple, a toddler could do it…well, let me think about that one. But anyway you’ll NEVER want to go to the salon again.
Things you’ll need
- Nail clipper
Lets get started
- 1. If your nails are long, then you may need to trim them. So take your nail clipper, and snip them across. *Don’t try to shape your nails with your nail clipper!
- 2. File: Now you need to file your nails into a box shape with rounded edges. This shape is classic and won’t catch or tear easily as oval-shaped nails would. Tip: always file your nails in one direction. Don’t file them back and forth this will tear your nails.
- 3. Buff: Now you can gently buff your nails. This will give them a little bit of shine.
- Hydrate your hands: I make a quick and easy olive oil scrub that makes my hands smooth and moisturized! All you need is a tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon of sugar. Mix the two together until they become one. Now rinse your hands with water. Now pretend this scrub is hand sanitizer and just rubs it on your hands. Then rinse! This helps keep my hands moisturized!
- Long lasting nail polish: If you want to prevent your nail polish from getting ‘gluey’ then it is important that you close the lid tightly to all the essentials don’t evaporate!
- How to soften your feet: Now, if your feet are rough and dry then this will definitely help! Bathe your feet in warm water and milk for about ten minutes. The lactic acid in dairy will help soften rough skin.
- Picking the right color: This is by far one of the most important steps in doing your nails! You absolutely must be able to pick a good nail color for your nails! If you don’t, then you’re back to square one! Light skin tones look good with purples or red, and medium skin tones look good with blues or metallic and then dark skin tones can pull off gold’s or deep reds. Corals flatter all skin tones.