Okay, so if you asked me what some of my hobbies are I would say “cuticle care!” I LOVE doing my nails my nails are always painted! My nails have to look perfect, 24/7! With that being said, I am going to show you a few of my nail tips!
- When filing your nails you always want to file them in one direction, don’t go back and forth this can actually break your nail!
- When using a neon nail color you should apply some white nail polish on before the neon polish! Because neon nail polish is often very sheer and streaky.
- Refrigerating your nail polish: This is actually a very effective way of keeping your nail polish fresher!
- Fake nails: When you put on fake nails, it actually damages your nails even more!
- Polish becomes separated in the bottle: well, no worries! All you have to do is roll the bottle in between your palms for a minute or two. Don’t shake it this will cause bubbles.
How to make your own nail polish
Making your own nail polish is very easy! This only takes a few simple steps:
- Get a clear bottle of nail polish.
- Get any eye shadow color of your choice.
- You can open it up pit it in a plastic bag, then mash it up!
- Now cut a little slit on the edge of the bag, and pour it into your nail polish bottle!
- Just mix! Now you’ve got your very own nail polish!
Mixing nail colors
So basically this is self-explanatory. Get some of your regular nail polish and mix it in with some other nail polish to get a new improved nail polish color! I took this deep mint color and added some white nail polish with it to make a lighter mint! What I like do is either make the color lighter or darker, I’m not too comfortable creating a completely new color!
The actual process of putting the nail color on your nail isn’t an easy task. Because A, you don’t want it to get on your cuticle and B, you don’t want it to smear or get on the sides! If you’re painting on sheer colors, you’ll need to do more than one coat!
- Apply multiple coats
- ALWAYS apply a topcoat
- Make sure your nails are clean
- ALWAYS make sure your nails have sufficient drying time!
- Sally Hansen Maximum Growth
- Sally Hansen Vitasurge Growth Gel
- Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle
- Nail Care Mavala Macaderma Nail Growth Treatment
- Nutra Nail Growth Treatment with Green Tea& Acai Berry Antioxidants