Any spring break trips planned? Going on vacation soon? I decided to help you guys with your packing abilities, because in a few months I’m going to the Bahamas! It’s only a three-day trip, but I still should be conscience of what I pack (you should too!).
- Jeans: The reason why you should pack jeans is because their very versatile and you can pair them with every outfit! When I say jeans, I don’t just mean skinny jeans! You can pack jean shorts as well!
- T-shirts: T-shirts are very versatile as well. I buy mine from target; they’re really inexpensive and come in bright colors!
- Dressy tops: now if you know that your going to be going out to dinner or meeting important people, then you’ll need to pack a few dressy tops. Pack at least one dressy outfit!
- Two bathing suits: You need to pack bathing suits because you never know if you want to take a dip in the water (even if you are in the mountains.)! Target has really inexpensive bathing suits, and their super cute!
- A foldable tote bag: If you forget your purse at home, then just use your tote bag!
You don’t want to have that feeling in the back of your head that you just forgot something very important! Now your all the way across the ocean in the Bahamas’ and can’t go back to get it! This is why we invented the checklist!
- Make sure you have the important things: like your credit cards, ID and passport!
- Bring your own snacks! Also bring things like your iPod, phone, laptop and some reading material.
- Wear shoes that are easy slip on-slip off.
Maximizing suit case space
So you want to make sure that you use as much space in your suitcase as possible! So what I like to do is roll my clothes! Just fold them, then roll them up tightly then put them in your suitcase! Now after you put all your clothes in their then you put the small things in last, like underwear! To keep necklaces from tangling, I roll them in wash clothes!
The golden rules
If your still having trouble with deciding what you should or shouldn’t bring, then here are a few golden rules to keep in mind:
- Bring versatile items: you should bring versatile pieces because if you’re in a hurry and don’t have much time to think about an outfit them just throw on a t-shirt!
- Limit your shoes: no more than two pairs of shoes! Shoes take up too much space in your luggage!
- Pack the clothes that you love to wear: No one wants to go on vacation and absolutely hate all the things that they packed! So that’s why you should bring items that you know flatter your shape! Going away for a trip is not the time to try something new!