Searching for the perfect denim shorts? Look no farther because I’ve got the perfect shorts for you right here! I have heard a lot of buzz about these shorts, so I decided to finally show you guys how to make your own! With this DIY tutorial you’ll be strutting down the beach with a brand new pair of shorts in no time!
What You’ll Need
- A pair of denim cutoffs
- 2 feet of lace or crochet trim
- White thread
- A needle
Let’s get started!
- Cut a triangle out of your shorts. Make sure that the cut is on the side seam.
- Now you cut out a piece of lace to your desired length. Tip: you don’t have to use the whole trim. You can cut out the edges to get the right shape!
- Now pin the lace on top of the shorts where you made the triangle cut.
- Now thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread. Once you’ve done that, start sewing the lace to your shorts with your needle. Or you can use a sewing machine.
*Make sure you sew both the inner and outer edges!
*Once you’re done sewing, tie a few knots where you finished then cut off the rest and you’re done!